Digital Backs for 503cx

Is there a digital back for a 503cx? I am very interested in getting one, if available.

Could anyone help me with this issue? Thanks.

retiredtreacher

there are several available, phase one being generaly regarded as one of the best, they are expensive, a lot of backs have a less than full frame chip meaning  that your 80mm now has the same angle of view as a 120mm would with film, some backs are full frame these are shockingly expensive. the best way to be a millionare medium format digital photographer is to start with 2 million and don't plan to do it for long

RiR

Tue, 08/10/2010 - 22:19

I would go for the CFVII. If you're lucky, you may find a pre owned one, where the user has simply upgraded to CFV 39. However, if you want to keep the square format, then there is very little difference. Hasselblads backs are definately reliable and robust, and still have advantages compared to fully integrated digital cameras. I have a 500C/M  with the CFVII, and I'm still ahead of the competition. The Zeiss lenses are still on top, and seem to perform better than modern constructions,re color & definition. Lens changing on a Hasselblad is almost faster than ajusting a zoom, and there is no way a zoom is going to out-perform a fixed focal length lens. 

With the CFVII . it,s up to you whether you look at the screen and use the features, or just set the ISO you want that day, & lighting conditions, and just "take pictures (as) on film"!