500 C NASA prototype camera

Submitted by Ken Hill on Sun, 08/20/2017 - 10:24

I would like to know if anyone knows about the prototype 500 C that was modified by Hasselblad for NASA . I believe it was built between October 1962 and May of 1963 at the request of NASA after Wally Schirras' MA-8 mission. Once this camera was approved it was returned to Hasselblad. What I would like to find out if there is anyone still alive that actually worked on this camera at Hasselblad. If not I would like to know if there is a contract between NASA and Hasselblad that exists in some archive somewhere. This camera is one of a kind Hasselblad camera. The camera body,the film back, and lens are still together as it was built in 1962/1963. The body serial number is CR34901. The film back is TP69424. The lens Nr is3467413. The lens is a Carl Zeiss Planar 1:2.8 f=80 mm. It has a focus handle. The filter is a Hasselblad 50. It is orange and has 4x-o-2 on the rim. The lens cover is aluminium with a "V" inside a circle with 3 bars. All three sections have been heavily modified. there is Velcro on the film back circles on each side. There is an ABCD sticker on the film back. The camera shows little use as it was not used by NASA. It was a prototype only. Any information would be greatly appreciated.